- Font Size
- Reading Mode
We would like to invite you to attend Volunteering Queensland’s second State Volunteering Conference, to be held 10 - 11 October at the Mercure Brisbane.
This event is designed to inspire, unite, invigorate and challenge Queensland volunteering practitioners.
It will be a fantastic occasion to learn from a wide variety of thought-provoking keynotes, expert presentations, panel discussions and interactive workshops, all to advance your cause.
The overarching conference theme is around:
- Aspire – inspiring the volunteering sector to be the best we can be and to provide the best possible services, outcomes and impact
- Adapt – encouraging the volunteering sector to look beyond traditional volunteering models and embrace flexible, innovative approaches in a dynamic, complex, ever changing contemporary environment
- Act – supporting and providing the volunteering sector the knowledge, tools, skills, and confidence to act to address needs and issues and to grow and future-proof volunteering across the state.
Topics to be covered include:
- Enacting values to create value: A way forward for volunteering
- Recruiting online: Trends and tips to attract more volunteers and the right volunteers
- Building board capability and the top reasons why strategies fail
- Volunteering and the law hot topics
- Continuous professional development (CPD) - Your new partnership approach to greater professional legitimacy, respect and investment
- Fee for service consultancies – a pathway to financial sustainability and diversity
- National Standards self-assessment tool
- Building local capability in disasters – New local models for engaging spontaneous volunteers
- Building on the GC2018 event legacy to encourage increased levels of volunteering
- Welcoming diversity and enhancing inclusion
- Youth volunteering
- The real value of volunteering
- Climate change and volunteering – How ready are we to face this threat?
- Is it crisis time for rural volunteering? Challenges facing regional and remote volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations
- Event volunteering
- From strategy to engagement – Involving people, partners and community
- Why we need new approaches to engaging and retaining volunteers
- Beyond compliance: Building respectful and inclusive organisations
- Building better workforce solutions
- Volunteering and self-care (mindfulness and resilience)
View the program and speaker profiles at: conference.volunteeringqld.org.au
We hope you can join us.