Topic: Engaging volunteers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds
Guest Speaker: Michael Tawadros, Volunteer and Student Placement Manager, Access Community Services
Access is one of Australia’s leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in providing housing, employment, training, youth support and enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees and Australian-born clients. Access has recruited over 700 volunteers across Queensland, including volunteers from 60 countries around the world, with a range of 45 languages spoken. Access was awarded the 2017 Queensland Volunteering Impact Award for their extensive and varied volunteer programs.
- Introductions of attendees / organisations
- News from Volunteering Queensland
- Topic presentation and discussion
- Sticky situations: Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss challenges they are experiencing and seek advice from their peers
- Success stories: Attendees will also have the opportunity to share success stories or resources of their volunteer programs
Afternoon tea will be supplied.
Please register as places are limited.