Let’s face it, we are all storytellers and story listeners. We are wired to connect to compelling stories. It is reported that 92% of consumers would prefer media messages to feel like a story.
Storytelling is an important, memorable and valuable social tool. It’s time organisations make the most of their messages by making them stories. All not-for-profit and volunteer-based organisations have them – it’s time we create them!
We will cover:
- steps to create a compelling story
- how to convert events or activities in to successful stories
- how to create storytelling part of your overall marketing strategy
- how to use storytelling to improve the organisation’s reputation
- defining your voice and personality
- the tools and resources to transform your organisation
- And much more …
Who should attend?
- Anyone who looks after the messaging of an organisation
- If you want to make the most of your stories
About the trainers
Liz Buchanan, Ember Solutions
Liz is a speaker, trainer and digital communications strategist who specialises in social media. She is passionate about incorporating this online communication tool to improve overall digital strategy and engagement with stakeholders.
Her career began in the financial industry in Australia and the UK. She then moved to not-for-profit state sporting organisations and government. Liz now runs her own business, Ember Solutions, developing and implementing social media and digital marketing strategies for her clients.
In varying industries she has accumulated over 20 years’ experience in marketing, management and project management. Liz keeps current with marketing and social media trends. She has also tutored and lectured in various undergraduate and postgraduate marketing subjects at Queensland University of Technology and Griffith University for 20 years.
Volunteering Queensland and Queensland Water & Land Carers (QWaLC) supporting natural resource management volunteers