Volunteering Queensland proudly announces Queensland Water and Land Carers (QWaLC) as both a partner and a sponsor in the presentation of this exciting and important event.
We have been working with members to develop a conference program that reflects trends, challenges, successes, and needs. The program is designed to support and inspire conference delegates to – Aspire, Adapt, Act!
It will be a fantastic occasion to learn from a wide variety of thought-provoking keynotes, expert presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops and short vignettes. Topics covered will be key to promoting, empowering and advancing our industry in 2019 and into the future. There will be an array of delegate networking opportunities so you can connect and share ideas and experiences with your peers, with a cocktail reception and our Annual General Meeting held on the first evening.
Topics to be explored include:
- Enacting values to create value: A way forward for volunteering
- Recruiting online: Trends and tips to attract more volunteers and the right volunteers
- Building board capability and the top reasons why strategies fail
- Volunteering and the law hot topics
- Powering volunteering through technology
- National Standards self-assessment tool
- Corporate volunteering in Australia – a snapshot
- We’re all in this together – Workers in community organisations and laws that govern them
- Building local capability in disasters – New local models for engaging spontaneous volunteers
- Certified professional development for leaders of volunteers
- Welcoming diversity and enhancing inclusion
- Environmental volunteering
- The real value of volunteering
- Episodic volunteering – Why it is loved by younger and older volunteers
- From strategy to engagement – Involving people, partners and community
- Presenting the very best of yourselves
- Beyond compliance: Building respectful and inclusive organisations
- Building better workforce solutions
- Climate change and volunteering – We need to adapt now
- Is it crisis time for rural volunteering? Challenges facing regional and remote volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations
- Volunteering and self-care
- + more topics to be announced soon.
- We are pleased to have in attendance all the national, state and territory volunteering peak body CEOs who will share their experience with you.
- + more speakers to be confirmed shortly. Watch this space.
- Early bird - $495 (inc GST) – to 31 Aug 2019
- Full - $550 (inc GST)
- Day rate - $275 (inc GST)
- Early bird - $550 (inc GST) – to 31 Aug 2019
- Full - $605 (inc GST)
- Day rate - $300 (inc GST)
Our inaugural conference
Read all the highlights from our 2017 conference.
More details and a full conference website coming soon!