International Volunteer Managers Day is a special day dedicated to recognising the importance of the volunteer management profession. It is vital to let volunteer managers know that the spirit of volunteerism is enhanced and enabled by them – and to thank them.
The day promotes the catch phrase “Education through Celebration” and that's why we are offering you this inspiring day of interactive professional development.
- Recruiting Volunteers: 8:45am - 12noon
- IVMDay Celebratory Lunch: 12noon - 12:45pm
- Supporting Volunteers: 12:45pm - 4pm
Recruiting Volunteers will have the group look at good practice processes and planning for successfully recruiting volunteers.
We will cover:
- Current trends in volunteering
- Recruitment and induction documentation
- Legal context and considerations
- Case studies and join discussions around good practice and ideas from others.
IVMDay Celebratory Lunch
Celebrate IVMDay at our informal lunch with your fellow volunteer managers and the Volunteering Queensland team.
We’ll have lots of fun with the IVMDay theme…
Change the Tune.
This theme reflects the need to think differently about how volunteer leadership is positioned and change the dialogue.
We look forward to discussing with you - your reflections, achievements and challenges for the year.
Supporting Volunteers will have the group consider ways to be a strong supportive leader to volunteers in your organisation.
We will cover:
- Retention and recognition practices
- Supporting team dynamics
- Managing conflict in the team.