No one plans this life for themselves, nor do they plan on the complex range of issues that lead them to that point.
Each year, Brisbane City Council and Volunteering Queensland join forces with over 300 volunteers to run Homeless Connect. This important one-day event proudly hosts vulnerable members of the Brisbane community as guests, providing connection with vital services and supplies.
In a one-stop-shop environment, guests have access to medical, employment, housing and legal services, as well as clothing and footwear, food, bedding, toiletries and more. Guests at the event are also invited to enjoy professional personal care services such as haircuts and grooming.
With an offering of vital services and a day of fun activities and entertainment, Homeless Connect treats guests with dignity and grace while providing a boost to their self-esteem. This is an important and unique event driving human connection and reducing barriers between community and guests.
Registrations are now open and we invite you to register.
When: Thursday 18 November, 2021
Where: Brisbane Showgrounds, Bowen Hills (Corner of Alexandria Street and Gregory Terrace) View on Google Maps here.
Registration form information
- Volunteers are offered a role in the order in which they register and are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment.
- The registration form will allow you to express your REGISTER in your preferred role. If the quota for that role has been filled, you can nominate to be placed on a waiting list or select another suitable role which requires more volunteers.
- Before registering, please make sure you view the role descriptions and requirements.
- You must be available for the entire shift.
- You must be 18+ to register unless you are with a school.
- Volunteers are required to complete an online orientation between Monday 18 October and Friday 29 October 2021.
- If you are unavailable on Thursday 18 November 2021 then consider volunteering for the bump-in scheduled for Wednesday 17 November 2021.
Please DO NOT register through the general event registration if you are in one of the following groups:
- Brisbane City Council Employees - You will receive a separate registration link shortly.
- Professional Service Providers - You will be invited to apply by Brisbane City Council. Please contact Brisbane City Council to discuss.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please be quick to register.
Homeless Connect would not happen without the generous support provided by volunteers. Thank you!
There are many opportunities to help the homeless and other people in need throughout the year. You can search for positions on our website any time.
Homeless Connect videos
Watch interviews and testimonials from previous Homeless Connect events.