- Font Size
- Reading Mode
Volunteering Queensland’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is designed to expand your knowledge and maintain a high standard of professional practice.
This program supports your continuing professional development by formally recognising the work you are doing to raise the standards of volunteer leadership in your organisation and across our state.
Endorsed by Volunteering Australia, this program is exclusive to Volunteering Queensland's members* (conditions apply). It is voluntary and only $50 (+ GST) in 2021.
Benefits of participating
The CPD Program for Professional Leaders of Volunteers is a formal avenue to improve your knowledge and skills. The CPD Program will help raise your proﬁle, and demonstrates your dedication to your career and to the volunteer leadership profession. By gaining 16 CPD points in 2021 you earn the right to put PLV after your name as a public declaration of your commitment.
How it works
Participants are required to accumulate a minimum of 16 points from January – December 2021. These points can be attained through any combination of:
- Professional development, events and services offered by Volunteering Queensland
- Professional development at your organisation
- Reading relevant industry articles/ newsletters
- Mentoring colleagues/ members in volunteering management
- Reflective practice.
- We will provide you with the CPD Activity Point Schedule so you can plan your CPD activities.
- You participate in your chosen CPD activities and complete the Activity Validation Form after each activity.
- You update your Activity Validation Form and submit to Volunteering Queensland three times per year and finalise at the end of the year.
- When you achieve 16 CPD points by the end of 2021 you will receive your formal certiﬁcate and the option to use PLV after your name.
Expressions of interest
*For staff of registered full or associate members only. In the instance that your organisation does not maintain their membership during your CPD year, you are welcome to become an individual member for that remaining year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about our CPD program.