CHC44015 Certificate IV in Coordination of volunteer programs
- Font Size
- Reading Mode
This qualification is appropriate for workers who are responsible for the coordination of volunteers within a program or organisation. Volunteer coordinators provide ongoing management and support to volunteers and are the main point of contact for volunteers.
Successful coordinators of volunteer programs:
- are aware of current and emerging models of volunteering
- adapt their practice to changing community priorities, demographics, and expectations
- shape how their organisation understands and works with its volunteers
- support their volunteers in ethical, safe and meaningful practice.
This qualification will enhance your work in planning and administering volunteer programs and recruiting and supporting volunteers in the ever-changing environment.
This is an accelerated training course suitable for workers experienced in working with volunteers in many industry sectors including community work, health, arts, emergency services, sport, recreation, parks, heritage, libraries and museums; and local government employees. (This training is not suitable for school leavers).
The course is presented through a blended format to reflect real industry processes and outcomes.
This course also entities participants one complimentary registration in 'Implementation of the National Standards' workshop.
Duration of the course / training
The expected completion time of the course is approximately eight (8) months maximum including 12 days of workshop attendance, approximately 110 hours of self paced learning and further time to complete assessment tasks and submissions.
Higher Level Skills
What is the Higher Level Skills program?
The Higher Level Skills program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals complete Certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets. The aim is to assist people to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment, career advancement or transition to university in priority industries. Please read the Department of Education and Training participant Fact Sheet here.
Am I eligible?
* To be eligible for Higher Level Skills program for this course, participants must be an Existing Worker (paid and with 1 month employment record) with responsibility for volunteer coordination and may have a Certificate IV or higher level qualification.
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program a participant must:
- not have previously accessed a subsidy through Higher Level Skills program
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland
- have finished secondary school or no longer at school
- be aged 15 years or above
- Be an Existing Worker (paid) with responsibility for volunteer coordination.
Students may already hold a Certificate IV or higher level qualification not funded through the Higher Level Skills program.
Check your eligibility for the Higher Level Skills program by doing this easy questionnaire: Skills Gateway Eligibility Survey
How much will it cost?
- A participant co-contribution fee is required to be paid by all participants.
- The cost is calculated at a unit of competency level.
- Volunteering Queensland’s refund policy and additional information is found here
- A deposit of $750 is to be paid before commencement of study. The outstanding participant contribution will be invoiced within 3 months of commencement.
- No Certificate or Statement of Attainment will be issued unless all outstanding fees are paid.
- Payment Plans can be arranged on an individual case level.
A co-contribution fee must be made by participants undertaking a qualification under the Higher Level Skills program. The fees associated are below.
The delivery of regional courses is also possible dependant on interest and capacity. Additional costs will be incurred. Details available on a case by case basis.
* Participants hold a valid concession card.
Prospective candidates are invited to consider the advice regarding Volunteering Queensland’s services and candidate’s rights and obligations via our Candidate Handbook (please note the handbook will be updated soon).
Express your interest
We welcome expressions of interest from locations all across Queensland and groups interstate. Please fill in this form and we will contact you to discuss training options for your area.
Photo: Leading Volunteers Masterclass