The awards acknowledge the efforts of hundreds of volunteers, volunteer managers, volunteer-involving organisations and businesses in bringing about positive change within their communities.
Awards are presented across six key categories:
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Youth Volunteering Award
- Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award
- Volunteering Impact Award (a volunteer program)
- Corporate Volunteering Award (an employee volunteering program)
The awards ceremony
This year the ceremony to present the 2020 Queensland Volunteering Awards was held as an online event in celebration of International Volunteer Day.
This ceremony highlighted the stories of those who have gone above and beyond in their dedication to the community through volunteering.
Want to see what the awards are like?
National Volunteer Week and the Queensland Volunteering Awards are proudly supported by the Queensland Government.