The National Volunteer Week Small Grants Recipients are now listed online. Thank you to everyone who made an application.
Small Grants Initiative
Would you like funding to support your National Volunteer Week event?
The inaugural National Volunteer Week Small Grants Initiative provides an opportunity for Queensland volunteer-involving organisations to participate in the 2019 National Volunteer Week 30th annual celebration of Australia’s extraordinary volunteers.
The initiative is managed by Volunteering Queensland with funding received from the Queensland Government. Small grants of up to $500 will be made available to eligible Queensland volunteer-involving organisations able to meet the conditions of the grant.
There are a number of different ways to recognise, celebrate and promote volunteers and volunteering during the week. You know your volunteers and local community best but some ideas you may like to consider include:
- Thank you breakfast
- Morning/ afternoon tea
- High tea at a local cafe
- Picnic at a park or a sausage sizzle
- Open day
- Awards ceremony
- Street parade
- Garden party
- Movie night at the cinema
- Photo wall/ gallery of volunteers
- Fun activity such as bowling or mini golf
- Self-care sessions such as laughter yoga, massage or mindfulness
- Local bus/ tram tour
Think of events that will help increase volunteer participation across the state.
Plan suitable locations for your event and people who should be included e.g. CEO, staff, board members, clients, family and friends of volunteers, potential volunteers, etc.
Ask your volunteers for their ideas too!
Terms and Conditions
Funding may be used for event promotion and publicity, National Volunteer Week merchandise, external training facilitator/ speaker, transport, hire of equipment, and/ or venue, venue theming, entertainment (e.g. hiring a musician), food, non-alcoholic beverages, volunteer presentations (e.g. certificates, frames).
Funding is not available for normal operational costs, uniforms, IT equipment and/ or software, alcoholic beverages.
The 2019 National Volunteer Week small grants will be allocated on the basis of:
- The grant being used during National Volunteer Week (Monday 20 – Sunday 26 May 2019).
- Confirmation that the conditions of funding will be met.
Steps in the Small Grant Process
- Step 1: The application form is completed and submitted by the closing date – Friday 10 May 2019.
- Step 2: Applications considered by an Assessment Committee.
- Step 3: Applicants notified of the outcome – Monday 13 May 2019.
- Step 4: The event is presented during National Volunteer Week – 20 – 26 May 2019.
- Step 5: The acquittal report is completed and submitted together with copies of receipts to Volunteering Queensland within 30 days of the event – i.e. by 25 June 2019.
- Step 6: Reimbursement of funds are distributed to the organisation by Volunteering Queensland on receipt of the acquittal report and receipts.
Don’t miss this great opportunity for you to gain funding of up to $500 to support your National Volunteer Week event.
Please complete the application form by 5.00pm Friday 10 May 2019.
The Queensland Government is the major sponsor of National Volunteer Week.