Search all volunteer opportunities
Furry Friends Animal Rescue QLD
Furry Friends Animal Rescue Organisation QLD (FFARQ) is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes animal welfare by providing temporary foster homes for homeless pets, adopting them to qualified homes and reducing overpopulation through the desexing of all animals.
Furry Friends operates remotely, with animals being carefully placed with volunteer Foster Carers until they are adopted rather than operating a traditional shelter model.
. Work with the President to develop and implement Treasury systems and procedures that will improve the relevance, quality and accuracy of statutory and management reporting.
5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months. This involves monitoring our inbox at least every 2 days to process payments and reciepts.
You will require (at your own expense) a reliable computer, mobile phone, internet and anti-virus; as well as a Facebook account (or the ability to create an account).
Essential Experience and Skills
The successful applicant will have
● At least 5 years of relevant experience in an accounting role, preferrably in a not-for-profit
● At least 2 years experience using MYOB or Xero for accounts payable and receivable
● At least 2 years of experience using Paypal to process payments and reciepts
● Tertiary qualifications in MYOB, accounting and/or finance
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Ability to work autonomously
● Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
● Be an ambassador of our mission and uphold our commitment to responsible pet ownership
● Volunteers must have the right to work / volunteer in Australia
● Minimum Diploma in Accounting
● Honesty and Reliability - You will be working on your own as a virtual volunteer with little supervision, so your integrity is important.
● Respect for others and their time - Everyone is going above and beyond their usual responsibilities to volunteer so be respectful.
● A passion to contribute and commit to this role long term.