- Community Services
- Regular - more than 6 months
- Fortitude Valley QLD
About this opportunity
Art from the Margins: 136 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, 4006.
Since 2008, AFTM has been instrumental in bringing artists together and bridging the gap between artists living in isolation, the public, and the wider community. AFTM supports and promotes the work of artists living with adversity, disadvantage and social isolation, including artists living with mental health issues, physical or intellectual disabilities and homelessness. AFTM currently provides exhibition and professional development opportunities for over 400 artists living in and around the Brisbane area. AFTM is a creative initiative of Wesley Mission Queensland.
AFTM is currently looking for volunteers interested in becoming facilitators to run art workshops for our program participants. With supervision and support from paid staff our Workshop Facilitators will be responsible for:
- Talking to and encouraging participants
- Planning art activities
- Facilitating groups to generate art and creative activities
- Demonstrating art
- Creating a safe group environment
- Supporting participants to participate in AFTM exhibitions.
AFTM is a lovely, welcoming, and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Great education opportunities
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that really is making a difference in the lives of people in your local community.
For more information on AFTM and Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Security checks required for the position are supplied and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland. This may include a Federal Police Check, a Working with People with Disability Yellow Card, or a NDIS Worker Screening Card.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
Various shifts available: Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon. Thursday morning, Friday morning, Friday afternoon
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Education & Training
Orientation, on the job training and access to access to broader organisation education